Monday, November 28, 2011

WOOF AND ME

I can get pretty worked up over a lot of different things. Just this week an old friend was making me crazy on Facebook with her below the belt comments about Obama...( she still thinks he's a Muslim from Kenya). As much as I know I ought to just UNFRIEND her as they say, I still want to be able to fight back. Somehow after one of those bouts I'll switch TV on and catch a SIXTY MINUTES segment that makes me either cry or jump through the set. I read the Local section of the Post Gazette in the morning and usually find some Letter to the Editor that gives me instant heartburn.....and then head out to the back porch where all is right with the world. That's where Woof is waiting to instantly make anything and everything better.
Woof is actually Woof the sixth.....I've had a fawn female boxer since I was in first grade...all named Woof. I heard a psychologist advising dog owners never to do what I did with a dog's name, but now they all just blur together. I always think the current one is the best ever. This one really is.

I live in a big old...OLD...Victorian house with a grand wrap around front porch with a swing and lots of very nice wicker furniture, but Woof and I prefer the back porch cement stoop. We sit there almost every day..even when it's cold.....much longer when the sun is out. She's anxious to check out the back yard when I first let her out in the morning while I make coffee, then we get into position, and it all makes sense. I often sit there with her and think "THIS is what it's all about". Perfect peace...no worries about getting anything done or going anywhere or even having to think. Just me and Woof...sometimes I guess we both think about things while we sit there...but lots of times we just sit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment