Friday, December 23, 2011

DEAR MR MICHELLE BACHMANN

Dear Mr Michele Bachman
You wife has made it quite clear that should she be elected president of the United Sates in 2012, she would always be submissive to you, Mr first gentleman. I read where you recently told an Iowa gathering that you have "decided (your) cause is going to be what Michele and I have been a part of our whole lives, and that is pro marriage, pro family, and pro life...We're going to get the message across that marriage is between one man and one woman...We're not going to minimize what a family is---we're going to promote families." As Bette Davis would say " How nice for you....how nice for everybody."

Your plan seems a bit late. There are all kinds of families these days, and in spite of the fact that these just seem to somehow get under your skin, the majority of Americans think that gay couples who are raising children are also families. ( Pew Research 2010).

As a member of the mental health service for a long time, I have some serious concerns about you Marcus.

Your clinic where you offer counseling to people who would like to change their sexuality from homosexual to heterosexual is a dangerous situation. I think I'm very confident in my ability to help people find their true identity, and to integrate their many dimensions, and hopefully become self actualizing members of the humane race. I would never attempt to make a straight man or woman gay, nor would I even consider such a ludicrous and destructive method of treatment.

You and your wife have an unusual interest in homosexuality. Perhaps you and your 27 children and I ought to arrange for some family therapy. I'd be happy to help all 29 of you find out and embrace just who you really are. In the meantime, I might suggest that you tone down the public statements that are so offensive and potentially damaging to a considerable number of your fellow Americans and their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment