Monday, December 19, 2011

Michelle Bachman's VOICE

Everybody knows that not so nice expression " shut your trap "....which I dislike almost as much as I dislike" Shut your cakehole". I never use either one of those expressions and don't like it when anyone else uses them either. I had an elderly aunt who was very much a lady, but also used some expressions that I always kind liked. Anyone who talked too much (in her opinion) she'd call a "TRAP". So she might hear someone going on and on about something, and she'd say "who's that TRAP?". She might also say "well the husband is very nice but the husband is kind of a TRAP". I caught a little bit of Michelle Bachmann on MEET THE PRESS on Sunday, and decided that she indeed qualifies as a TRAP.
Maybe it's her monotone...or the way she just plows through other peoples audible space, but I actually held my ears at one point when she refused to let David Gregory get a word in. She looked like a bully, and I was amazed that David didn't claim his turf...it IS his show after all.

It's no secret that I really don't want this woman to have any more power than she does. Her self righteous religious hatred of equal rights for gay people makes me sick, and her lack on accuracy on historical facts is astonishing. Her big gay closeted husband and her 27 children aside, she drives me crazy when she opens her.....mouth. I hate how all of the politicians take every opportunity to keep talking and talking without taking a breath every time they're asked a question, but Ms Bachmann just fits so neatly into what my beloved aunt would have called a whole pack of TRAPS.

Besides making my head spin when she talks about her ideas on the right to life for embryos while she's frothing at the mouth with Ricky S to start a war with Iran, the woman's voice just makes me....makes me...remember my Aunt.

1 comment: