Friday, April 27, 2012

20 Reasons why I'll vote for Barrack Obama

With the presidential campaign pretty well narrowed down to Obama and Romney, I've decided that I'll vote for Obama in November. I don't like the pace of his withdrawal of our troops from Afghanistan, but I wouldn't trust Romney to do anything different. I don't want to see those tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans remain in place...because if those cuts were supposed to create more jobs...well they've been around since George W's reign...and the jobs never appeared. I remember all too well the state of this country that Obama was left with after Bush and Cheney, and all things considered, a few more years with those two and we'd be MUCH worse off.
So here are a few reasons why I'll vote for Barrack Obama..

1. He reversed Bush's bans on stem cell research....I have friends who are only alive today

because of stem cell procedures.

2. He signed the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act....This aims to improve the lives of my

friends living with paralysis.

3. His "failed stimulus" package SAVED jobs for policemen, firemen, and auto workers.

Romney wanted to let the industry go

into bankruptcy.

4. He put a stop on the fraud and wasteful defense spending by the pentagon.This "weapons acquisition act' stops congress and the pentagon from contracting for weapons that the military doesn't even want.


5.Put an end to Cheney's pet project of "enhanced interrogation" of prisoners.

If my loved ones in the military were to

be captured I would not want them to

tortured....waterboarded etc.

6. He established the " Credit card bill of rights"

No more arbitrary rate increases on my

Visa or your Mastercard.

7. Health Care Reform Bill... I won't be denied health insurance as

I was once in the past because I take a

blood pressure pill.

8. Health Care Reform Bill My niece and nephew can stay on my

brother's insurance until they get their

feet on the ground, and pay off more of

their college loans.

9.Tax cuts for small businesses. Like my brother's !


10.Expanded Medicaid coverages. So maybe one day my friend won't be

forced to pay four hundred dollars a

shot for an antibiotic to save her life.

11 Added 4.6 billion for Veterans Mental Health... Check out the current suicide rates

for our veterans..it will shock you.

12 Increased funding for fighting violence against women. The GOP's vaginal ultrasounds ought

to be one of the targeted areas.

13.Allowed Cuban Americans to visit their relatives.... Kinda like a basic human right?


14.Expanded hate crime legislation.... Remember when Matthew Shepard

was hung on a fence to die because

he was gay?

15.Cut Medicare prescription drug costs.... Like mine.


16 Provided 12 billion for people with disabilities for education.

A BIG help for my former special ed

students.

17,Extended Benefits to same-sex benefits to federal employees.

Changed the lives of my gay friends

who work for the government !

18.Actually created more jobs than were created during the entire Bush years.


19. Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair pay act for women.

It's about time !

20. Signed the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell.

Mitt Romney has said that he would

work to have that re-instated...so once

again, only straight people would be

allowed to die for their country.

When George Bush was president, it was not popular to be an American. From cab drivers in Canada who were incredulous that this country had elected him TWICE, to ordinary Europeans who let their feelings about him be known even when they didn't speak English, it's a whole different perception of this country with our current president. He's not perfect...but so far nobody has thrown their shoes at him...and he'll get my vote (as long as I remember to bring my photo ID.)

No comments:

Post a Comment