Friday, April 20, 2012

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON A FRIDAY MORNING

---------Watching Mitt Romney turn up his nose at the Bethel Bakery cookies was telling...
Insulting your host when they offer you something says something not so nice ....

---------- Watching the Bishop from Peoria (I think) compare the president to Stalin and

Hitler was disgusting....I hope the IRS cracks down.

------------How about the Bishop in Seattle who wants the parishes to sign petitions to over-

turn the equal marriage law...and the priest in one parish who announced that he

would not comply....and the congregation gave him a prolonged standing ovation.


------------I doubt that we've heard the last from Rick Santorum...but you've heard the last

blog from me about him.

----------- My nephew's High School musical is better than the last two shows I've seen by

the "professionals". Amazing to see the talent in young kids....and the people who succeed

               in drawing that talent out.

----------- I wonder why I'm not more outraged at those naughty secret service and military

guys who got caught in Columbia? Maybe because things like the ongoing war

in Afghanistan, and seventeen year old murder victims seems much more

important to me.

----------- I'm about ready to start "nursery trolling"....average last frost date here is April 22

It's still risky business to plant....but as they say "life without risk is no life at all."

----------- My Mother has been voting for almost 75 years, but unless she acquires a photo

ID she won't be able to vote in the Fall...If my former special ed student can't get

someone to drive her downtown for a photo ID she won't be able to vote either.

One of my best friends who is in a wheelchair will not be able to vote unless she

opts to request ACCESS to pick her up, then return to get her...usually not a

speedy option. Just how much voter fraud has there been in our state to warrant

this new ID law ? I smell a rat.

------------Someone told me that if you go outside at this this time of year, and you aren't

aware of the birds singing...you're either too busy or too stressed. Woof and I

are heading out to the garden....she says the robins are waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment