Thursday, January 12, 2012

NO MITT FOR ME

My Achilles heel has always involved animals. When the local news features a story about animal abuse I either cover my ears and close my eyes or turn the television off and wonder again why I don't always watch Jon Stewart at 11:000. The story about Mitt Romney traveling for twelve hours with the family dog on the roof of the car twenty years ago has re-surfaced again, and once again I'd wouldn't want anything to do with someone who would do that. The story is obviously true since the latest description of the container that the dog was in is being described by Romney himself as a "kennel". Give me a break. Last year my family drove from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville and I worried about Woof more than I worried about my Mother on the trip. We stopped overnight twice (MOSTLY for my Mom), and ever few hours for Woof as well. Now Woof had most of the back seat, with a lap to rest her head, and was only four years old.
The account of the Romney's with their dog on the roof also includes the stress on their Dog, which caused the dog to have diarrhea which the kids saw running down the back window. Mr Romney stopped at a gas station and hosed off the car and the dog...then continued on the trip to Ontario. I don't care if the dog had a state of the art "wind shield", or was in some kind of a kennel or a typical crate. I have no respect for someone who would do that. I don't care how long ago it was either. Tell me about Romney's "BAIN" problems....or his silver spoon..or his views on anything at all. I don't like him and would never support him for just this one reason. Michael Vick is a great athlete, but I can't stand to hear his name. Same goes for you Mr. Romney.

No comments:

Post a Comment