Friday, January 20, 2012

WRECKED CARS, EYE OPENERS, AND 3 WAYS

T' was no silent night here when the snow began to make our street look like a toboggan track, with two cars ramming into telephone poles within minutes of each other. By 7:00 we had police cars, tow trucks, salt trucks and utility people all over the place. While my partner snuggled in with Woof to watch "Steel Magnolias" ( and cry for the tenth time at least ), I opted once again to watch yet another GOP debate...I know enough by now to have a glass of wine with me for the duration. With Newt Gingrich's response to the very first question I nearly downed my Merlot like a shooter, and quickly forgot about the melee on the avenue outside. I guess people are right that one never knows what to expect from Newt...and I doubt that John King..the moderator would ever question that perception again. I think that question and response got the only standing ovation of the evening. Newt did of course say that wife # 2 was a liar.
The other surprise of the evening actually was about me. (Isn't everything? ). I actually felt myself listening to what my favorite homophobe had to say. Bless me Father for I have sinned, but Rick Santorum isn't stupid. If he wasn't such a hateful hater of equal rights for gay people, he might actually not be so bad...but then again there's all that stuff about the FAMILY and women staying home...and not having rights over their own bodies and health to. In spite of the possibility of having my gay card revoked, I actually found myself thinking that he made sense on quite a few issues. I imagine most of my audience is about ready to hit the delete tab....but hold on just a minute. I would never support or vote for this man under any circumstances, but I was really surprised at myself for not feeling queasy as soon as he opened his mouth. He is a terrible bigot...has done a great deal of harm to young gay kids...and will soon be gone. He could have taken a different road...enough about him. By Monday I'll be ready to puke again when I hear his name.

Yesterday for the first time (I think) I heard the words "Open Relationship" referring to a straight marriage. I'm sure I'm just a bit naive about that, but outside of the gay community I've just never heard that. Seems to me that Mrs Gingrich 2 was actually describing a three way....which we've ALL heard about. Her explosive comments sure did make the news, and added to a rollicking atmosphere around here last night....maybe "Steel Magnolias" would have been a more soothing choice.

4 comments:

  1. What do you think about the recent revelation that our favorite bigot's wife had an affair with an abortion provider many years ago? Why hasn't that gotten the press it deserves. I guess is that Godlier-than-thou "Saintorum" has forgiven her for that sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly seems as if "forgiveness" is the big absolution and "mistake" eraser. I did see an article about that...hidden somewhere. If Santorum stays in the spotlight any longer, all the dirt on him will rush to the forefront. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Little Ricky is indeed a smart guy, a savvy insider who probably did Pennsylvanians a lot of good during his time in Congress (along with whatever damage he did). But he's also a culture bigot and a war monger and for those reasons alone cannot be trusted with the stewardship of public policy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article about Karen Santorum was not hidden. It was in the January 23rd issue of News week. Can't wait for all of that to smack Santorum right in the face.

    ReplyDelete